ScreenArt

Movie Reviews, Commentary & More


Updates

  • I've been quite busy in the past few weeks and I expect to be busy for the next two weeks. Sorry if you've been checking out ScreenArt frequently. I hope I can hit at least a post a week consistently from April 1.
  • Saw 'Little Miss Sunshine' - such a pedestrian movie. I don't understand when critics go hoopla over low-budget satirical stories. As you might have already heard, it's about the coming-together of the members of a dysfunctional family. Alan Arkin was the saving grace - his arrogance reminded me of Goundamani.
  • I bought myself a copy of 'Michael Madana Kama Rajan' to write a critical review. I'm not sure if I'm cinematically knowledgeable enough to write about this masterpiece. But I'm going to try my hand anyway. May be, some day, say 10 years from know, I may puke at the review I'll be writing in the near future. But I think it's important to record how I feel about this picture now.
  • Saw a bit of Sivaji's 'Par Magale Par'. Man, these guys must have been piss drunk when they wrote the story. Nothing else can explain the dialogues & scene flow of this piece of absurdity.

Labels: ,

6 Responses to “Updates”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Regarding "Paar Magale Paar", I think that all old movies will appear imperfect/immature because Art matures with age if there is continuity in production of art works...even Hitchcock appears ordinary many-a-time...

    Cheers
    Varaha.  

  2. # Blogger Prasad Venkat

    Varaha,
    I find it difficult to agree with you. I'm no exponent of western classical, but how about Mozart or Beethoven? If we extrapolate your 'maturity with age' theory, by this time we should have had a Mozart/Beethoven for every city.

    To put if very blandly, if art is an expression of one's senses, then the maturity, relevance, aesthetics, beauty, etc depends on the creator. With time, if mankind's sense for music or movies evolve, then I will agree that we have a good chance of making movies that aren't as bad as they used to be.  

  3. # Blogger K.F. Sahiwala

    Well nice blog. Keep Blogging.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Well, it's already April here, in Singapore. It's taking a longer time over there, perhaps?  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    okay, I figured it's not exactly sensible to go incognito when I disclosed my nationality...

    Well, hi!  

  6. # Blogger Prasad Venkat

    Hello Shreeja,
    I moved to a new team and I'm just beginning to feel the pulse of it. I should be a little free in the weeks to come.

    To keep you updated, I saw Mozhi & Apocalypto. Did a podcast of Mozhi - haven't uploaded it yet. Thanks for keeping a tab on ScreenArt & most probably there'll be a post or two before next Monday... well, Monday in Singapore.

    Almost forgot: Hi.  

Post a Comment