ScreenArt

Movie Reviews, Commentary & More


So, Where is Subramaniapuram?

I saw a five-minute clipping of 'Subramaniapuram'. I don't know any of the faces. But the whiff is so strong. And then I saw the song 'Kangal Irandal' from the movie on Youtube. His get up was reminiscent of 'Sathya's Kamal and her beauty & mannerisms 'Sathya's Amala. The direction is so fluent, a little cinematic here & there, but I just simply loved. I last time I loved a song (music & picturization) on my first hearing was 'Urugudhe' from Veyil.

Can anyone update me on how the movie is, how its doing commercially?

Labels: ,

4 Responses to “So, Where is Subramaniapuram?”

  1. # Blogger P.S. Suresh Kumar

    It is doing commercially well. A sleeper hit.

    here is a nice review on the movie

    http://www.desipundit.com/baradwajrangan/2008/07/26/between-reviews-a-bloody-good-show/  

  2. # Blogger Prabhu S

    Yes. The song is quite good and few moments that I saw in TV was refreshing. Need to catch up with it when it hits Bangalore's theaters.  

  3. # Blogger Prasad Venkat

    Suresh/Prabhu,
    Thanks for the update. I don't think the movie will get a theatrical release in U.S. Will watch for a copy of DVD.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I had seen the movie just for that song.

    The below content is taken from one of my colleague's blog in our company ;-)

    =======

    A few days back we (Shailesh and myself) were travelling back home listening to the repetitious songs in my car stereo. The song that generally appeases both of us is the "kadhalithu paar." song from the film Thambi (Madhavan and Pooja).. The background behind Shailesh liking this Song is PROBABLY the fact that somehow he has unearthed the Song Raaga (Reetha-Gowlai). Thats his favorite Raaga (or is it another way to say that he knows only that Raaga Smile)..

    When this song was playing in the background he said that the latest film "Subramaniapuram" had a couple of good songs and speculated that one amongst them is in the same Raaga. Until that time I hadn't listened to any of the songs from that movie but was curious to check one or two to validate Shailesh's taste (the PROBABILITY that atleast one out of the two he mentioned will be Good, I thought). The first of the songs that I have heard completely till now is "Kangal Irandal.." and boy, I haven't moved any further..

    The song is so much to my liking .. lovely song..

    Thanks for introducing me to Subramaniapuram and "Kangal Irandal." in specific, Shailesh.

    =======  

Post a Comment