ScreenArt

Movie Reviews, Commentary & More


Viewer's Block

I can't seem to get myself to watch a movie, in the past couple of weeks. I saw 'Cars' and 'Forrest Gump'. I wasn't terribly motivated by those two movies. I've always been excited at the thought of seeing a movie in the last six years, and this past week has been unusually low on energy. I've been dull - I have a copy of 'Children of Heaven' by Majidi and 'Color Trilogy' by Kiewslowski and there is no drive in me to view them.

I read this quote which went somthing like: you can think, talk and act yourself into dullness or excitement. Nothing new in that quote, but worth trying. Will try to post the review of that Iranian movie sometime this weekend and see how it all goes from there.

1 Responses to “Viewer's Block”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You should try seeing Kieslowski's 'Trois Couleurs' before anything else... i've seen his Dekalog (in English as 'The Decalogue') and Krótki film o miłości (A Short Film about Love), and am waiting(for the right time,i guess) to see his other stuff... he is a Great Master... Tarkovski, Kieslowski are the best filmmakers to have come out of Russia & Poland respectively...

    Thanks,
    - unowho.  

Post a Comment